Here’s something to do with all that chamomile you’ll harvest. This is a delicious new take on strawberries and cream.Print
Strawberries with Chamomile-Infused Cream
Here’s something to do with all that chamomile you’ll harvest. This is a delicious new take on strawberries and cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Additional Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh chamomile flowers, or 2 teaspoons dried chamomile flowers
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Heat 1/2 cup of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat, just until bubbles start to form around the edge of the pan. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add chamomile to the warm cream and let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Put the cooling cream/chamomile mixture into a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- While the cream and chamomile mixture is chilling, toss the strawberries with 2 tablespoons of the sugar until the strawberries are evenly coated. Cover and set aside.
- When the cream and chamomile mixture is chilled, strain the cream through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream and the remaining sugar to the infused cream.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Divide the berries among bowls.
- Spoon the chamomile whipped cream over the berries and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s such a light and breezy dessert—please tell us how it turned out for you.