Need a cool and refreshing drink with a little wow factor? Serve this at lunchtime and see what happens.Print
Need a cool and refreshing drink with a little wow factor? Serve this at lunchtime and see what happens.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Additional Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Beverages
- 3 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers, or 6 tablespoons of fresh chamomile flowers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 liter club soda
- Heat the water in a small saucepan.
- Add the chamomile and continue to heat the water on medium. Don’t let it boil.
- Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool, then strain the liquid and discard the chamomile.
- Chill the mixture until ready to serve.
- To serve, mix one-part chamomile syrup with three parts club soda. Taste and adjust proportions to taste.
- Serve with ice and a sprig of mint.
Have you tried making this drink? You can make this ahead of time and seal the chamomile syrup in a jar so it’s ready to mix—please tell us how it turned out for you.