Ravioli Pizza Bake
It’s a beautiful thing when comfort foods collide. This recipe combines stuffed ravioli with your favorite pizza fix-ins like tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and red pepper flakes. If you want to make this dish even more fun, feel free to add in your favorite pizza topping, such as pepperoni, green peppers, or onions!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6–8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 pounds cheese ravioli, unthawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add 1 teaspoon salt and ravioli and cook until al dente. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat, add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic, pepper ﬂakes, and basil and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato puree and diced tomatoes and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine the sauce and ravioli, stirring gently so the ravioli stay intact. Place in the baking dish and sprinkle the mozzarella, then the Parmesan, over the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Serve.