Quinoa Bowl with Shrimp
Bowls—assemblages of grains, vegetables, and meat, seafood, or other type of protein—are easy to make and customizable for just about any diet. This colorful quinoa bowl recipe shows what it means to ‘eat the rainbow’! Because quinoa is so high in protein, you could skip the shrimp and make the recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- Shrimp and vegetables:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound (21 to 25 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced ginger, skin removed
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Put 2 cups water in a medium saucepan and season with salt so it tastes like the sea. Bring to a boil, then add the quinoa. Stir, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the water is absorbed, around 15 minutes. Set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, then add half of the oil and all of the shrimp. Cook, stirring the entire time, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to the wok, followed by the broccoli, peppers, garlic, ginger, and edamame. Cook, stirring the entire time, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and agave, cooked quinoa, and shrimp, then sprinkle with the lemon juice and sriracha and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and delicious—please tell us how it turned out for you.