Homemade S’mores Cookies
Ready to be the star of your neighborhood bake sale? Not only do these cookies have a unique look with the giant marshmallow on top, but they’re also super tasty to boot! While scorching the top is optional, it really helps to add an authentic, open-fire touch.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 42 minutes
- Yield: 16 large cookies 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- S’more Toppings
- 16 miniature milk chocolate bars
- 16 large marshmallows
- For the cookies: In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Mix the egg and egg yolk into the butter mixture, then add the vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, shape the dough into 3-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the s’more toppings: Remove the cookies from the oven. Gently place a chocolate bar on top, then press a marshmallow in the center of each.
- Return to the oven for 2 minutes to melt the toppings.
- Turn on the broiler to toast the topping, or use a kitchen torch.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.