Guac Turkey Burgers
Burgers are an irreplaceable staple during summer grilling season, but with so many opportunities to barbecue, it’s nice to mix things up. We used ground turkey instead of ground beef with these burgers, cutting way back on fat and calories. The touch of guacamole is a simple way to turn them into a restaurant-quality dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 yellow tomato, sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F).
- Mix the ground turkey, salt, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl just until combined. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Place on the grill, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the cut sides of each bun with butter. Set aside.
- Remove the burgers from the grill, and set the buns on the grill buttered side down. Toast until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Top each bun with ketchup, a turkey burger, tomato slices, and guacamole and serve.
- If you do not have a grill, heat a grill pan over medium heat and brush with olive oil. Place the burgers on the grill pan and cook as directed.