Homemade applesauce doesn’t need to be a labor-intensive process. And you don’t need to sweat and grind over a hot stove for hours on end. All you need are four simple ingredients and a slow cooker, and you too can enjoy fresh-off-the-apple-farm applesauce right at home.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 10 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Put the apples, sugar, apple juice, and cinnamon in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to mix well. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the slow cooker, stir to your desired consistency, and let come to room temperature. (The mixture will thicken as it cools.) Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.