One thing that makes burgers a universally beloved dish is that there are so many ways you can make and enjoy them. With so many varieties and flavors, there’s just no way you’ll run out of choices, whether you want a straight-up classic burger or something a little more adventurous for the palate. Come to think of it, burgers are probably one dish that have made a trip around the world. “Western” burgers alone already have numerous variations and that’s not even counting Asian-inspired burgers!
If you’re leaning more toward the latter, then putting together these Soy Sauce Burgers With Coleslaw should definitely be on your menu. It blends together the fine taste of Asian sauces coupled with a spicy slaw on top or on the side. This recipe is rich but equally refreshing, and it’s a really fun way to make your burger nights extra special!
Inspired by Asian flavors, the combination of sauces you’ll be using is what really carries this recipe. Each sauce differs from the other, though they share harmonious qualities when mixed together. For instance, soy sauce is rich, savory, and salty. On the other hand, hoisin sauce is a little more reminiscent of American-style barbecue sauce but has its own degree of richness and saltiness with the same umami element as soy sauce. Asian chili sauce has a thicker consistency that brings out its blend of vibrant, hot red chilies. Sriracha added to the coleslaw gives it a mild spice that still lets the slaw temper the patties.
Making a batch of Soy Sauce Burgers With Coleslaw won’t even take half an hour so you’ll be able to enjoy these yummy, flavor-packed burgers as fast as you can make them!Print
Soy Sauce Burgers with Coleslaw
Savor the flavors of that signature Asian umami when you sink your teeth into these Soy Sauce Burgers With Coleslaw!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450 dgrees F).
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, panko, onion, egg, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, salt, garlic powder, and ginger until well combined. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Place on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, for medium. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the coleslaw with the Sriracha sauce and set aside.
- Serve each burger on a bun with spicy slaw.
- If you do not have a grill, heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a grill pan or large skillet over high heat. Place the burgers in the pan and cook as directed.
What do you think about this burger recipe? Have you tried it yet? Let us know what you think in the comments.