Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Tacos are one of the best dishes to serve to your family because they’re so easy to customize to each individual’s personal tastes. Offer up sliced jalapeños for those who prefer something spicier or guac and sour cream for those who enjoy a milder flavor. You provide the base while they do the rest!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- Soft taco shells, for serving
- Your favorite taco toppings: jalapeños, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, olives, sour cream, guacamole, fresh lime, cilantro, and hot sauce, as desired
- Lightly spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken over the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the tomatoes, taco seasoning, and broth. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours, until the chicken shreds easily.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl and shred the meat.
- Serve in soft taco shells with your favorite toppings.