It’s not quite game day until the smell of bacon is wafting through the air. The combination of the smoky bacon mixed with the maple syrup creates an addicting salty–sweet combination that’ll make a plate of these disappear before the first quarter’s over!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Appetizers
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package beef cocktail sausages, drained and rinsed
- 8 slices bacon, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the brown sugar and cayenne pepper on a small plate.
- Wrap each cocktail sausage in a quarter slice of bacon and dredge in the brown sugar mixture, pressing to coat well. Place the sausages seam side down on the baking sheet. Drizzle the maple syrup over the sausages.
- Bake until the brown sugar has caramelized and the bacon is crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the honey mustard and red pepper ﬂakes.
- Serve the sausages with the honey mustard mixture for dipping.
- If you don’t have prepared honey mustard on hand or can’t ﬁnd it at the store, just whisk 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar together.