Fruity Peach Cake
Making a cake using cake mix can sometimes feel like cheating. But there are plenty of ways to fancy it up like we demonstrate in this recipe. The addition of peaches and plums makes this recipe both cozy and fresh, and the ice cream on top sells the whole thing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 2 (16-ounce) cans peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the peaches with their juices into the baking dish and cover with the dry cake mix; press down to combine slightly. Cut the butter into thin slices and arrange on top of the cake mix. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Bake for 45 minutes until bubbling and golden. Garnish with the sliced plums and serve with vanilla ice cream.