Breaded Pork Chops with Gravy
A dinner recipe with gravy has “comfort food” written all over it. Plus, since you have most of these ingredients in your cupboard already, it’s a simple way to save money on groceries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 (10.5-ounce) jar turkey gravy
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine the ﬂour, salt, and pepper. Combine the beaten egg and water in a shallow dish. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Add a pork chop to the bag with the ﬂour. Shake the bag, remove the chop, and tap off any excess ﬂour. Dip the pork chop in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chops. Bake until the chops are lightly browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour the gravy into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until hot for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the gravy with the pork chops and garnish with the fresh thyme.