Vivian lettuce gives you the best of two worlds: a Romaine with the texture of a butterhead! These plants grow big and fast—heads grow to 16 inches long and 6 inches wide. Vivian will tolerate a light frost. You can pick the leaves as you like, or wait for the heads to mature in about 70 days.
- Full to partial sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.2 to 6.8
- 4 to 9
- Thin to 12” apart
- Plant rows 12” apart
- Water deeply 1 inch a week; do not let soil dry out
- Medium to dark green leaves
- Texture of a butterhead lettuce
- Tall heads—up to 16 inches
Have you ever grown Vivian lettuce? Please tell us about your experiences with Vivian lettuce.