Buttercrunch is an All-America Selections (AAS) winner. It’s a very popular butterhead lettuce, with a delicious buttery texture. The heads inside are a creamy yellow. Plant every two weeks for an ongoing harvest. This lettuce tastes best when you pick it right before you’re ready to eat it.
- Full to partial sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.2 to 6.8
- 4 to 9
- Thin to 8 inches apart
- Plant rows 12 inches apart
- Water deeply 1 inch a week; do not let soil dry out
- Sow in early spring for summer crop
- Sow every two weeks for continuous harvest
- Sow in late summer for a fall crop
Have you tried growing Buttercrunch lettuce? What region do you grow them in? Please tell us your experiences growing Buttercrunch lettuce.