Dinner guests will admire the rich, royal purple exterior of these carrots with their bright yellow cores. Purple Dragon carrots are delicious raw in salads and slaws, oven-roasted with a little honey and salt, and as a colorful addition to soups. Up your antioxidant game with this lovely carrot!
- full sun (six to eight hours) or partial shade
- 6.0 to 7.0
- 3 to 10
- thin to 3 inches apart
- space rows 12 inches
- 1 to 1.5 inches per week; don’t let soil dry out
- direct sow; carrots do not transplant well
- sow in late spring after danger of heavy frost is past
- sow fall crop mid-summer in milder regions
- these grow to about 6 inches long; make sure soil is loose and unobstructed
- 65 to 70 days to maturity
Have you tried growing Purple Dragon carrots? What region do you grow them in? Please tell us your experiences growing Purple Dragon carrots.