Seedless King of Hearts is an oval-shaped picnic melon that will feed an entire party. It has a thick, green rind that lets it store and travel well, with medium green stripes. This is one of the top long vine watermelons, which means it needs a lot of space to grow in.
- Full sun
- 6.1 to 7.5
- not frost hardy
- Vines need 8 to 10 feet of space
- Water deeply 1 to 1.5 inches per week
- keep soil moist but not waterlogged
- 80 to 85 days to harvest
- Needs another variety to pollinate – recommend Sugar Baby
- Flesh is red, sweet and crisp
- Weighs 10 to 20 lbs.
Have you grown King of Hearts watermelons? If so, tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.