Dukat dill is a Danish variety also known as Tetra. Dukat dill produces a particularly fine aroma and flavor—it has a high oil content. It is slower to bolt than the more common Bouquet, so it’s more suitable for warmer climates. Because this variety is relatively short and produces particularly large seed heads, Dukat makes a very attractive container plant. Dukat seeds are highly recommended for dill pickles.
- Leaves mature in 40 to 50 days; seeds mature in 90 to 100 days
- Mature height: 12 to 18 inches
- Aromatic and flavorful
- Slow to bolt; good for warmer regions
- Large seed heads produce superior seeds for pickling
- Good for planting in large containers
- Excellent fresh or dried
Have you ever grown Dukat dill? Please tell us about your experiences with Dukat dill plants.