Burgundy Sprouting broccoli is a delicious showstopper with long, slender stems and deep purple heads. This tender, sweet broccoli can be eaten straight out of the garden; when cooked the heads will turn green. A relative newcomer out of the United Kingdom, Burgundy Sprouting broccoli grows fast and produces over three full seasons—a gift from the Brits that keeps on giving.
- Full sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.0 to 7.5
- 3 to 9
- Thin to 20-24 inches apart
- Space rows 36 inches apart
- 1 to 1.5 inches per week depending on rainfall
- Tender and sweet
- 4- to 7-inch stems
- Grows to 24 to 30 inches high
- Matures in 37 days
- Excellent roasted
Have you ever grown Burgundy Sprouting broccoli? Please tell us about your experiences with Burgundy Sprouting.