This Georgia Peach Pound Cake is uniquely delicious with the delicate flavor of Georgia peaches; it’s dense and moist, but not overwhelmingly sweet. A lot of people wonder where the name comes from, though, so let me tell you. Pound cake was originally baked with an entire pound of each of its ingredients. Amazing, right? It makes it so easy to remember each measurement when they’re all the same! This cake isn’t only delicious, but it’s also a little piece of history; that’s part of what makes it my personal favorite.
What’s not to love about the flavor of fresh peaches? It pairs amazingly well with a dollop of homemade whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream when you’re making it for a casual affair. However, if you want to get really fancy, you can also top it with a peach glaze or a drizzle of caramel sauce for more flavor. You can serve this dessert with a cold glass of milk, or even hot tea or coffee. However you decide to serve it, I guarantee that you and anyone else who tries it will love this cake!
Whether you’re looking for a delicious dessert to take to a potluck or simply want an easy and tasty cake to make at home, I hope you try this Georgia Peach Pound Cake! This cake is dense and moist with a hint of sweetness from the peaches; you’ll want to make it again and again. It’s made with real Georgia peaches and has a sweet and buttery flavor that will truly tantalize your taste buds. It’s perfect for any occasion, and it’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family.Print
Georgia Peach Pound Cake
This Georgia Peach Pound Cake can also be made with other fruits such as apple or cherry. Take it on a picnic for a no-fuss dessert!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 16 1x
- Category: Bakery
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 10-inch tube pan and coat with white sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Do you want to start growing peaches at home? With our Perfect Peaches Gardening Guide, you’ll have everything you need to know about growing and enjoying this delicious fruit.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy, delicious, and great with a dollop of whipped cream. Please tell us how it turned out for you.
I want to try this recipe.