Cranberry Pecan Lattice Pie
If you’re looking for a pie recipe that truly celebrates the flavors of the season, this one is it. The combination of cranberries and pecans creates a salty-sweet-tart flavor that’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We used fresh cranberries for ours, but if you want to make this during the off-season, feel free to use frozen cranberries instead.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Bakery
- Pie dough for 1 double-crust 9-inch pie (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 1/3 pounds apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (4 cups)
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the bottom crust and place it in a 9-inch pie plate; add the apples. Spread the cranberries over the apples and top with the pecans. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the fruit and nuts. Distribute the butter pieces over the pie filling.
- Roll out the top crust to a 10 x 12-inch rectangle and cut lengthwise into 18 long, narrow strips. Arrange the strips over the filling, seven horizontally and seven vertically in a lattice pattern. Arrange the four remaining strips around the edge of the pie plate. Tuck the ends under the edge of the bottom crust and then crimp the crusts together.
- Bake until the pie is browned and the fruit filling is bubbling, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.