Glazed Butternut Squash
Every Thanksgiving dinner should have something new thrown into the mix to keep the meal interesting. Instead of roasted sweet potatoes, we’re suggesting trying a glazed butternut squash. This has a light glaze of cinnamon sugar on top to give it that lovable sweet edge to make your holiday meal truly special.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 1x
- Category: Sides & Sauces
- 1 (1 1/2–2 pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scatter the squash cubes on the sheet. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon, drizzle with the oil, and season with salt. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the squash is golden brown and tender.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, if needed. Spoon into a serving bowl, garnish with thyme, and serve.