Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Bake
When you want to turn your love of buffalo chicken into a full-fledged meal, this chicken casserole is the way to go! Feel free to adjust the amount of hot sauce used to reach the level of spiciness you’re looking for. And don’t forget to have plenty of water on hand to cool down after.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- Chicken Filling
- 1∕3 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into cubes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- For the chicken ﬁlling: In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, hot sauce, paprika, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add the potatoes and mix well to coat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the bowl (but don’t wash out the bowl yet!). Place the potatoes in the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are almost tender and beginning to crisp. While the potatoes bake, add the chicken to the bowl with the spice mixture and toss well.
- For the topping: Mix the topping ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Stir the potatoes and place the uncooked chicken cubes on top in an even layer. Sprinkle with the topping mixture and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve.