Berry–Oat Breakfast Bake
There’s nothing that brightens up a morning more than a variety of berries, wouldn’t you agree? Not only do they add a colorful burst to your day, but you get plenty of healthy nutrients in your system, so you’re ready to conquer what’s to come.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Yogurt and honey, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, add the milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix well. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, add the blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, and pecans, and mix until well blended.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the sliced strawberries. Cut into squares and serve warm with yogurt and honey.