This heirloom loose-leaf lettuce sports burgundy-red, finely divided leaves. This beautiful plant is heat-resistant and slow to bolt. It’s a perfect variety for cut-and-come-again harvesting, and is an All-America Selections (AAS) winner.
- Full to partial sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.2 to 6.8
- 4 to 9
- Thin to 8 to 10 inches apart
- Plant rows 12 inches apart
- Water deeply 1 inch a week; do not let soil dry out
- Good for cut-and-come-again harvesting
- Slow bolting
Do you grow Red Salad Bowl lettuce? What do you like about it? Please tell us about your Red Salad Bowl lettuce.