This cultivar hails from Alberta, Canada. Jahn’s Prairie produces high yields of large, sweet reddish-pink berries. Eat them fresh, or use them to make preserves, pies, and more.
- Mature height: 2 to 3 feet
- Mature width: 2 to 3 feet
- Hardiness Zones: 3 to 8
- Chill Hours: 1,000 (minimum)
- Sunlight: Half day to full
- Harvest time: July
- Bearing Age: One to two years after planting
- Good for preserves, pies, fresh eating
- Cold-hardy to -40 degrees F
Do you grow Jahn’s Prairie gooseberries? If so, please tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.