Also known as “common” parsley, this type of parsley is versatile and easy to grow—and, well, it’s curly! Curly parsley varieties include Forest Green parsley and Extra Curled Dwarf parsley (which is compact and fast-growing).
- Full to partial sun (six to eight hours)
- 5.5 to 6.7
- 2 to 11
- 6 to 8 inches apart
- Water deeply 1 inch a week
- Grows up to 1 foot tall
- Thick ruffled, curly leaves
- Bright green in color, gives dishes a pop of color
- Flavor is muted, reminiscent of grass, and gets bitter with time
- Can be used for cooking or as a decorative garnish
Do you grow curly parsley? If so, please tell us your top tips for ensuring a bountiful harvest.