The Ruby Queen may be colorful, but the Silver Queen corn variety reigns supreme. This most popular SU type needs a long growing season, but it’s worth the wait. A brilliant bright white, the kernels are very tender and flavorful. Though it’s a bit more delicate than other varieties, Silver Queen is so well-loved, it’s worth considering for your corn garden.
- Large, 8- to 9-inch ears on 8-foot stalks
- 14 to 16 rows of pearly white kernels
- Ready to harvest in 92 days
- Should be eaten within 24 hours of picking
- Proven tops for productivity, flavor, and wide adaptability
Have you grown Silver Queen Hybrid corn? If so, tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.
We grew Silver Queen last year and it did fantastic. It was some of the best corn I have ever had. So we’re growing it again this year.