Little Finger carrots are tiny, sweet, and ideal for growing in containers. This little carrot grows to only about 4 inches long, an inch thick, and with a small core and smooth skin. This adorable, tasty carrot is perfect to serve whole with your favorite hummus, as a sweet addition to salads, or just as a handy snack.
- full sun (six to eight hours) to partial shade
- 6.0 to 7.0
- 3 to 10
- thin to 3 inches apart
- space rows 12 inches
- 1 to 1.5 inches per week; don’t let soil dry out
- direct sow; carrots do not transplant well
- sow in late spring after danger of heavy frost is past
- sow fall crop mid-summer in milder regions
- these grow to about 4 inches long, making them a good candidate for container gardening
- 65 days to maturity
Have you ever grown Little Finger carrots? Please tell us about your experiences with Little Finger carrots.