Kennebec potatoes are one of the most popular varieties grown in the US. They’re highly versatile and are great for frying, boiling and baking. This tuber has smooth buff skin with white flesh and is known for storing well.
- full sun (7 to 8 hours)
- 4.0 to 6.0
- 3 to 9
- Plant seed potatoes 12 to 15 inches apart
- Allow 3 feet between rows
- 1 to 2 inches per week
- Mid-Season potato – 70 to 90 days to maturity
- Best for baking, boiling, chips, mashing
- Oval to oblong tuber with white skin
- High yield potential
- Susceptible to scab, growth cracks, and hollow heart
Have you ever tried growing Kennebec potatoes? Are there any challenges you face growing them? Please tell us your best tips for growing Kennebec potatoes.