Crimson Sweet, a very sweet watermelon with high sugar content, is a large, elongated picnic watermelon that grows to 12 inches long. It has a thick, hard rind that is light green with darker green stripes. This one is also a commercial favorite that ships and stores well.
- Full sun
- 6.3 to 6.5
- not frost hardy
- Vines need 6 to 8 feet of space
- Water deeply 1 to 2 inches per week
- keep soil moist but not waterlogged
- AAS, AN, F (disease resistant)
- 80 to 97 days to harvest
- Flesh is bright red and firm
- Weighs 15 to 25 lbs.
Have you grown Crimson Sweet watermelons? If so, tell us your top tips for ensuring a delicious harvest.