Step aside, supermarket honeydew; the Bodacious Hybrid Honeydew melon is here to provide perfect summer refreshment. There will be plenty of melon to go around, as this variety produces beautiful green fruits from 5 to 8 pounds. This is a perfect dessert melon, with sweet, succulent flavor.
- full sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.2 to 6.8
- 4 to 10
- thin to three or four seedlings in a 12-inch mound
- space mounds 4 to 6 feet apart all around
- 1 to 2 inches per week
- prefers well-drained, sandy loam soil with lots of direct sunlight
- keep growing melons off the ground, with melon cradles or mesh bags
- black plastic mulch does double-duty, retaining soil heat and deterring weeds
Have you ever grown Bodacious Hybrid Honeydew melons? Please tell us your favorite thing about them and your experiences growing Bodacious Hybrid Honeydew melons.