Beer-Soaked Steak Kebabs
The beer marinade adds so much flavor to the steak that can be hard to achieve otherwise. We recommend getting the marinade ready in the morning, four to six hours before guests start arriving, and then finish arranging the kebab after for a picture-perfect finish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinade Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound flank steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8–10 small wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 3 hours
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the beer, lime juice, sugar, mustard, Sriracha sauce, salt, pepper, and paprika. Add the steak, cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F).
- Thread the steak and vegetables onto the skewers in an alternating pattern until each skewer is about three-quarters full. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned, turning halfway through.