When you want to grow broccoli in containers or don’t have much garden space, the petite Destiny broccoli plant could be the perfect solution. This dwarf variety produces smooth, deep green domed heads, but no side shoots. Destiny is heat-tolerant and grows best in warmer zones, plus it’s resistant to downy mildew. Destiny’s crisp texture makes it a good choice for stir-frys.
- Full sun (six to eight hours)
- 6.0 to 6.8
- 7 to 11
- Thin to 18 inches apart
- Space rows 18 to 24 inches apart
- 1 to 1.5 inches per week depending on rainfall
- Mild with crisp texture
- Small to medium heads
- Grows 12 to 18 inches high
- Matures in 75 to 89 days
- Good choice for containers
Have you ever tried growing Destiny broccoli? Are there any challenges you face growing it? Please tell us your best tips for growing Destiny broccoli.