Louisiana-Style Low Country Boil
Simple and flavorful, this low country boil is a great way to serve a crowd at your summer party. Get a large enough stock pot and you can easily double this recipe depending on how many guests you want to serve!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved and whole (I used red and Yukon Gold)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 ears fresh corn, cut into thirds
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp with shells on
- Cocktail sauce, for serving
- Melted unsalted butter, for serving
- Quarter the potatoes and add to a very large pot with at least 6 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Add the lemon, Old Bay seasoning, sausage, and corn. Continue to boil until the potatoes are tender and the corn is cooked. Add the shrimp and cook just until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from the heat and carefully drain. Remove the lemon and return everything else to the pot.
- Serve with cocktail sauce and melted butter, if desired.