Garlic chicken has been an all-time favorite when it comes to chicken recipes. The strong and earthy spice from garlic coupled with the delicate flavor of chicken can be supremely satisfying in its simplicity.
But did you know that you could give this crowd-pleaser a unique and sophisticated twist?
Enter this delicious recipe for Garlic Chicken and Grapes! Yes, you read that right — Garlic Chicken and Grapes is a refreshing and exquisite combination that’s made even more special when served with a delightful sauce.
This splendid entrée marries the juicy, tender flavors of baked chicken with the sweet-tart taste of fresh grapes, a toasty sprinkling of sesame seeds, and the distinct, earthy taste of garlic. Chicken, being a well-rounded protein, works perfectly well with almost any kind of flavor, especially the fruity and refreshing taste of grapes. For this dish, you can have your pick of chicken breast or thighs, skinless and boneless for easy eating.
Of course, this recipe for Garlic Chicken and Grapes comes with a bold, flavorful sauce made from the delightful combination of Dijon mustard, soy sauce, honey, and white wine vinegar. All at once, you can enjoy a range of flavors, from the sharp, spicy tang of Dijon mustard to the smooth sweetness of honey, the signature saltiness of soy sauce, and the mellow, nuanced flavor of white wine vinegar.
Garlic Chicken and Grapes is the kind of dish that can make you feel like you’re enjoying something from a fancy restaurant. Serve it up during special occasions or when you feel like you’re craving something out of the ordinary!Print
Garlic Chicken and Grapes
Sophisticated and supremely satisfying, this recipe for Garlic Chicken and Grapes is the way to go when you’re craving something delicious and fancy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- Combine mustard, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Set sauce aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, combine garlic and oil. Place chicken in pan with meat side down.
- If using thighs, bake covered at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. If using breasts, bake covered at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, and turn chicken pieces over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until no longer pink in center, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle grapes over chicken, and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, and arrange chicken and grapes on platter. Pass sauce when serving.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and delicious—please tell us how it turned out for you.
What’s the most popular fruit in the world? If you guessed oranges, apples, or bananas, you’d be wrong—it’s the fabulous grape! Because of its many uses (hello, wine!) and the number of countries that can grow grapes, the world totals some 72 million tons of grapes grown annually. In the Great Grapes Gardening Guide, you’ll learn everything you need to grow this versatile fruit.